There’s a sense of happiness about well made Butter Chicken that most Indian restaurants in the US fail to accomplish. For a dish that is as ubiquitous for Indian cuisine as this, I was surprised to find that only a few places in the US made it as it was supposed to be made. The best thing is that ingredients are available here and you can actually make some yummy butter chicken in your home.
Here’s the recipe!
- 250 grams boneless chicken breasts, chopped into large chunks
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 large onion chopped in large chunks
- 1 large tomato chopped in large chunks
- 1 packet Parampara Butter Chicken Mix
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Heat the oil and add the onions and tomatoes.
- Fry until onions are golden.
- Add the chicken and fry until half cooked. The browning on the chicken gives flavour.
- Add all the spices and the package mix and stir on low flame. Make sure you don't burn the spices.
- Immediately add yoghurt so the cooking temperature falls.
- Cover and cook until chicken is white and cooked through.
- Add the heavy cream and butter in the end, stir and serve with plain white rice or naan!