A humble one pot pasta dish with very few tantrums and frills. Lets begin with the classic version!
- 1lb spaghetti
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried Basil or 4-5 Fresh Basil leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups water with 1 stock cube of your choice
- Combine all ingredients in a big pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir constantly with tongs so the pasta doesn’t stick.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!